WALKS …… POTLUCKS ….. TALKS
MEMBERS AND FRIENDS WELCOME TO ALL
SCHEDULE SEPT TO NOV 2018
Saturday Sept. 8: Manuel Creek
Many creek crossings on a steady but moderate uphill walk, leading to a nice waterfall. Meet Lakeview Plaza, Osoyoos at 9.30 a.m. Leader: Dwayne Flexhaug 250-495-7645
Wednesday Sept. 12: Vaseux Brush Clearing
Our annual brush clearing of the Vaseux boardwalk. The viewing blind has been rebuilt, with the boardwalk needing its usual work. Bring loppers, gloves, etc. as well as lunch and binoculars for afterward. Meet at Vaseux parking lot at 10 a.m. Contact: Skip King 250-485-0263
Sunday Sept. 16: Mt Baldy
A long but rewarding moderate walk to summit. Return by Mt Baldy Trail to make a circle route back to cars mid-afternoon. Meet Oliver Visitor Centre 9:30 am. Leader: Phil Harfman 250-495-8071
Saturday Sept. 29: McKinney Road km 18
A nice walk on logging roads and return via powerline. Some nice ponds on the way. Meet Oliver Visitor Centre at 9.30 a.m. Contact: Skip King at 250-485-0263
Saturday Oct. 6: Solana work party
Debris from illegal treecutting needs to be removed, as well as tall grass and weeds. Bring saws, loppers etc. Wear good footwear as we will be on a steep bank above water. Meet Lakeview Plaza, Osoyoos at 9.30 a.m. Contact: Skip at 250-485-0263
Saturday Oct. 14: Little Fish Lake
An easy walk, nice Fall larches and meadow. Leader: Doug Brown. Meet Lakeview Plaza, Osoyoos. Contact: Skip King 250-485-0263
Sunday Oct. 21: Potluck Dinner
At the Oliver United Church, 511 Church Ave at 5.30 p.m. Bring digital photos to test our new projector, either from a laptop or USB stick. Bring a food contribution, plate, cutlery etc. Membership renewals are due. Contact: Marianne Hutterli 250-498-2743
Saturday Oct. 27: Blue Lake -Strawberry Creek Road
Walk from Blue Lake all downhill on Strawberry Creek Road to end at Hwy 3. Cars at both ends. Meet at Lakeview Plaza, Osoyoos at 9.30 a.m. Contact: Phil at 250-495-8071
Saturday Nov. 10: Skaha Lake
Walk along KVR railbed from Okanagan Falls towards Kaleden. Typically many ducks on the lake. Meet Oliver Visitor Centre 9:30 am. Contact: Maryse Dumas 250-495-4973
- Please be on time, as we like to start promptly.
- Bring lunch and water, and wear suitable footwear and clothing for the weather.
- Please leave dogs at home as they disturb wildlife.
- We would like to increase our membership, so bring a friend.
- Non-members and visitors are invited to join us on our outings. NB: Our insurance only covers three outings for non-members.
- Current annual membership dues are: Single: $30, Family/couples: $35.
- Membership includes a subscription to “BC Nature”, mailed to members four times annually.
- Please pay your dues at the next meeting or outing you attend.
- If you would like to lead a hike or have suggestions for hikes or meeting-speakers, contact any of the leaders listed in this schedule.