WALKS … POTLUCKS … TALKS …
WELCOME TO ALL
SCHEDULE OCT – NOV 2018
Sunday Oct. 21: Potluck Dinner
At the Oliver United Church, 511 Church Ave at 5.30 p.m.
Local biologist Lisa Scott will be speaking on the latest invasive plants we need to be concerned about and how they are being tackled. Also learn about recent insect invasions that are causing quite a stir in the Okanagan-Similkameen Region.
Bring a food contribution, plate, cutlery etc.
Membership renewals are due. Contact: Marianne Hutterli 250-498-2743
Saturday Oct. 27: Blue Lake -Strawberry Creek Road
Walk from Blue Lake all downhill on Strawberry Creek Road to end at Hwy 3. Cars at both ends. Meet at Lakeview Plaza, Osoyoos at 9.30 a.m. Contact: Phil at 250-495-8071
Saturday Nov. 10: Skaha Lake
Walk along KVR railbed from Okanagan Falls towards Kaleden. Typically many ducks on the lake. Meet Oliver Visitor Centre 9:30 am. Contact: Maryse Dumas 250-495-4973
- Please be on time, as we like to start promptly.
- Bring lunch and water, and wear suitable footwear and clothing for the weather.
- Please leave dogs at home as they disturb wildlife.
- We would like to increase our membership, so bring a friend.
- Non-members and visitors are invited to join us on our outings. NB: Our insurance only covers three outings for non-members.
- Current annual membership dues are: Single: $30, Family/couples: $35.
- Membership includes a subscription to “BC Nature”, mailed to members four times annually.
- Please pay your dues at the next meeting or outing you attend.
- If you would like to lead a hike or have suggestions for hikes or meeting-speakers, contact any of the leaders listed in this schedule.